Boteco São Bento - Bar in Itaim Bibi for Business or Leisure

sexta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2009

Boteco São Bento [pronounce boh-teck-oo, suh-ao bent-oh] is at the heart of Itaim Bibi, São Paulo's financial/prepster/pretty boy district. It is a gorgeous bar that becomes packed by 20 somethings to mid 30 somethings on weekdays after a long day of work for happy hour festivities... but especially for some singling and mingling.

I went last night, with a few also single girlfriends ready to sit back, relax, gossip, and... man hunt. Boteco São Bento plays techno as their background music, and the waiters walk around with trays topped with glasses of drafts, and is known to be the it spot to meet successful and attractive mid to late 20's men and women (but especially men)! Ok, I'll give them that. The crowd was attractive and looks were exchanged... but that's about it. Most people were in their designated groups, chatting about work and reminiscing on the times they played more. I quickly became unconvinced that I would find the man of my dreams there and decided to just chat it up with my girls and have a beer and some appetizers...

OMFG, the appetizers! Various little fried wonderfulness things that were orgasmic to the pallette and melted in my mouth. Bruschetta topped with tomatoes that were loaded on for days. And a sicilian style pizza that had mozzarella overload. If you don't believe me, see the menu on their site: www.botecosaobento.com.br. The items actually look like the pictures! Apparently, the menu changes every 6 months, so I will be sure to go back in 6 months... but probably just to drool over and then proceed to the apps.

Why is that? Why am I so obsessed with the apps? I mean, really... who is this girl who is an appetiz-a-holic? Well, my friends, I spent a good 40 minutes nursing my appetizers because it took that long for me to get my first beer! The waiters carrying around the trays of drafts were clearly too busy to wait on 4 girls (and we're cute, damnit!) and when one decided to hand me over a beer, he got an attitude with me when I said I didn't want it because it was Sol and not the Heineken I had ordered. For those who are familiar with either beers, for the same price, Heineken is of MUCH better quality than Sol. I explicitly told my waiter friend that Sol is "water." The worst was my friend's Guaraná, which took an extra 15 minutes to get to us.

Needless to say... I didn't stay for long. No beer, moody waiters, techno as background music (wtf?), no point in staying. I highly recommend going to this bar when it's relatively empty. The eye candy isn't even worth it if you're not going to get the attention you deserve, especially for what you're paying.

If you're in the Itaim Bibi area for work or leisure, definitely stop by to at least savor an appetizer. They're all worth it if you're in the neighborhood.

Boteco São Bento

Rua João Cachoeira, 800

Itaim Bibi, Zona Sul

+55 (11) 3079-3650

Map



0 comentários: